The SHRED Part II & Weigh In

Posted by Gaijin Wife Monday, 9 August 2010
Didn't weigh in last Friday and overall last week was a bit of a right off with headaches and colds and zilch exercise getting done after I think the Shred which I did last Monday.

Weighed in this morning at 83.4kg which I think Is the same as my previous lowest weight or maybe 200grams higher. Can't remember. Either way I thought I would have put on a bit last week with the no exercise but I guess being sick uses up more calories than I thought!!

Started back on the SHRED this morning with level 1 - and going back to Day 1. I really want to get 30 days in a row. This week will be short as weigh in back to Friday. Illahee and co coming over tomorrow which will be loads of fun and hopefully it doesn't piss rain. I will try my best to make sensible choices. Please don't bring anything sweet with you Ilahee - unless you only have enough for kiddy portions - for the kids, not kiddy portions for us. I will doubly try harder by not buying beer. I really don't like the low low cal stuff and would rather go without.

So, skinny alcohol choices.... gin, lime and tonic?? Vodka and cranberry juice???

There will be pizza and things but we are planning on sharing that with the kids aren't we Ilahee?? :D

See you tomorrow. And Rachel if your toe lets you drive then please come for potluck dinner with the girls for a total mix of mayhem, chaos and fun times.

2 comments

  1. Rachel Says:
  2. Alas, even if the toe was behaving, I have to work! Darn it!

    I find being sick is usually a good weight-loss strategy!

    You really need to develop a taste for lo-cal beer. The higher the alcohol content, the higher the calorie content, as alcohol is a kind of sugar. So wine is more fattening than beer. Of course, though, you don't have to drink as much of it to get happy! So, maybe bourbon and coke zero? Whenever I meet up with illahee and kuri, we always drink loads of coke, and I'm always saying, WHEN are we going to get to put some bourbon in here? illahee, drop by on the way and pick up my bourbon (boo hoo, sniff, sniff) At least someone can get some pleasure out of it. I'll have an early night (sniff, sniff)

     
  3. Corrina Says:
  4. Do you like shochuu? Apparently by % it is the lowest cal alcohol in the world.
    Googled it ages ago, can't remember that particular site but found on a quick look:

    "There are several reasons for shōchū's recent popularity. With increasing health-consciousness, many people see it as more healthy than some alternatives. Shōchū is a low-calorie drink whose few calories are converted to heat by the body and emitted. There have been well-publicized claims of medical benefits, including that it can be effective in preventing thrombosis, heart attacks, and diabetes. It is also a versatile drink that is suited to most styles of cuisine..."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sh%C5%8Dch%C5%AB

    Something like 60ml = 30cals.

    If you don't particularly like it, mugi is a milder version and with ice and a few drops of lime sweetener it's really yummy!
    But my fav is really 'smelly' imo-jochuu... people think I'm weird... ;-) ;-)

    Whenever I have to take a break longer than a few days I go back to the start of 30DS. Something has always happened and I have yet to see L3!!