Shred - Day 8

Posted by Gaijin Wife Tuesday, 17 August 2010
Have just finished day 8 of the Shred - second day on level 2 and it is a complete bitch. I walked the kids to kinder first so an hours walk PLUS twenty minutes of Jillian telling me I should be feeling like I want to die - which I did. Must seriously sweat about 1lt during that twenty minutes. One of the moves is a walk down plank press up thing where you start from standing, touch your toes and walk your hands out until you are in a plank / press up position, do a press up (or hold it as is if you are like me and can't do a proper press up) and then walk it back up. The girl doing the 'easier' version just holds it but it is still fuckin hard. I wonder if I will ever be able to do a press up for that !!

Anyway, had two huge salads yesterday...
This was lunch and dinner had some broccoli, asparagus and one small piece of pork. The pork was ready marinated stuff and I thought the kids would at it but it was infused with far too much garlic and non toddler friendly flavors.

Had loads of water - and a couple of big glasses of water with some of the lemons Illahee forgot to take home with her on Wednesday :) Very refreshing. Thanks Illahee!

Cracked and had one beer but was in bed by 9pm and it was good to get an early night.

This morning I had cereal for breakfast which hasn't happened for a while
My sister in law always arrives with a food parcel - usually containing bread and a few 'western' things she thinks I might want - like granola. Not a huge fan of this one which is tropical flavor but waste not want not. That ice coffee got about two sips drunk :(  before the kids demanded too much attention and we were brushing teeth, hair, putting shoes on and climbing into the pushchair.

So, yesterday wasn't too bad - minus the beer and the one baby cheese. Today WILL be a good day.

3 comments

  1. Rachel Says:
  2. Feeling seriously guilted out by sitting on my arse doing NOTHING while you do so well with this Shred thing. At least I have a bit of an excuse (the toe). Still, I've got to do something. That salad looks seriously yummy too.

     
  3. illahee Says:
  4. i am really impressed with all the exercise, too! for me, it's the key to losing weight (more than reducing calories) but i only like to swim as far as exercise goes!! LOL keep up all the good work!

     
  5. anchan Says:
  6. That salad looks delicious! I am not eating enough salad...

    I really, really need to get moving and do some exercise! Just starting following a great Aussie blog, one I think you'll relate to...

    http://notdrowning.wordpress.com/

    xxx