Moving

Posted by anchan Wednesday, 18 August 2010
This is how rubbish I am.

My MIL bought me some trainers for my birthday in February, and they have still not been worn.

I have been doing a lot of thinking about exercising, but there is always some kind of excuse... I have been going to my yoga class since the New Year, but it is only once a week and I know that's not enough. I really want to get out and do some power/Nordic walking, but with 3 kids I find it very difficult to get out of the house alone (unless I get up an hour earlier, but for that I'd need to be really motivated). I recently downloaded an intervals podcast to get me started, but when I ask K if I could go out for some exercise whilst he and the kids were all in the bath, I realised that he would much rather me remain fat and be at home... I went upstairs and listened to the podcast anyway, lying on my bed and tapping my feet...

But this evening I was reminded of the WiiFit. I dusted it down and stepped on... 157 days since I last used it, but 2.2lbs lighter! There are more functions than I realised and I ended up doing quite a good workout, very sweaty at the end :-) Feeling very virtuous - now to keep it up!

2 comments

  1. Rachel Says:
  2. Great that you found something! I've been wondering how many WiiFit's are collecting dust under beds and sofas all over Japan, along with the Billy DVDs! I'm also hugely reluctant to do what really would work the best and get up earlier!

     
  3. illahee Says:
  4. it's been so hot this year, though! and before that, spring was so cold and yucky. the weather has DEFINITELY not been helpful for exercise this year...so far.

    i would do the wii fit, but then i'd have to fight over the controller with hiro. not a pretty sight!