Yabai...

Posted by anchan Tuesday, 27 July 2010
I cannot possibly expect to see any weightloss when I step on the scales on Friday. And I blame the Daring Bakers entirely. If it hadn't been for this month's DB challenge, I would never have remembered buying a second-hand ice-cream maker last winter. And I would never have known that the little recipe book that came with it contains (easily tweaked) concoctions to make bowls of sweet, cool yumminess to rival Baskin Robbins...

The other thing that is worrying me more than slightly is that, in a moment of madness, I went out and bought a swimsuit! I haven't been seen in the water since I lost all my weight after W was born and was skinny. But I am fed up of sweating it out on the beach whilst the rest of the family is playing in the cool sea (on the occasions K manages to drag me along, usually I try to persuade him to allow me to stay home), so this evening when K said that he is taking the afternoon off work on Thursday (yikes, that's only two days away - Fairy Godmother, where are you?) and is planning to take the kids to a pool, I legged it to Aeon and spent a miserable hour trying to find something to wear. I hit gold! Found a suit that fits, is flattering, doesn't have padded cups, has a built-in tummy control panel (hurrah!) and was on sale and reduced by 5,000 yen! Better keep off the ice-cream...

1 Responses to Yabai...

  1. Rachel Says:
  2. Yay for swimming! I went in the pool with the kids yesterday, all great white whale blubber of me, but I'm sure I had more fun than the scared-cat mummies hiding under layers of hats and shirts and pants and parasols and tents. Don't worry what anyone else thinks, most people look awful in a swimsuit, fat OR thin!