Thursday 8

Posted by Rachel Thursday, 8 July 2010
Breakfast: muesli, yogurt and raspberries.

Lunch: 2 salads. Still full from a late breakfast so I ate light. bamboo, seaweed and carrot simmered Japanese-style vegetables (store bought!) and a vinegary salad with harusame, crab stick, seaweed and omelet.

Snack: popcorn. Not the virtuous air-popped clean stuff, the nasty butter-soaked microwave variety! Blame my daughter, it was her idea.

Dinner: chicken stir-fry with broccoli, red capsicum, shimeji mushroom and cashews. Should have skipped the cashews, I ended up eating too many of them. Nuts are excellent nutrition, but you're only supposed to eat a few at a time, like 6 walnut halves in one sitting (no salt of course). Had Lena's extra vegetables.

Dessert: cake!!! DH bought it, I think it's going to become a weekly treat because it's on the way home from the girls' juku. They used to get cakes every Wednesday when he picked them up and I went to work, but then their juku day changed to Tuesday, when the cake shop was blessedly shut. Now we've moved back to Thursday, yabai!!! Oh well, I will just have to say No. Wasn't that nice anyway. Generally I don't even really like cakes from Japanese cake shops, they are tasteless and bland. Save it for a treat I really love! PLUS now I have a sweet-attack and I don't think I can resist throwing the last of those Godiva dark chocolate covered raspberries into a pot of yogurt!

Farewell awful Thursday, better luck tomorrow!

2 comments

  1. Gaijin Wife Says:
  2. Bummer, and after you started so well. Would that be the beautiful naughty Erica forcing melty buttery delicious popcorn down your throat. Shame on you Erica. Go get mum a skipping rope instead.

     
  3. Rachel Says:
  4. No, it was Lena forcing the buttery popcorn down my throat, Erica forced me to eat her buttery toast crusts. Either way, butter!