july 6, 2010

Posted by illahee Tuesday, 6 July 2010
this morning i got up before five to do laundry (that is, take it to the laundromat and dry it). while the clothes whirled away in the machine, i went for a walk. yeah, a 25 minute walk before 6am. perhaps my only success of the day...

breakfast was an onigiri and cola zero. morning snack was a peanut butter sandwich (white bread, less than a tablespoon of PB). lunch was cheeseburger set (with iced tea) from mcdonalds, plus four chicken mcnuggets (which tommy did not eat and i couldn't let go to waste.) there is not going to be any weight loss if i don't avoid mcdonalds!! (i think i see next month's goal. although i'm pretty sure i don't really eat at mickey-d's that often!!) afternoon snack was rye bread toast with a boiled egg (and a bit of butter for the toast, too grain-y to eat dry!) and hot tea. dinner was two small bowls of somen with negi. last (oh, but i should have stopped by then!) low-carb beer and nuts. phew! did drink plenty of water today, didn't eat all the fries and managed to not eat tommy's hamburger (he only had about half).

didn't get billy in today, either, because of mid-afternoon clinic visit for sasha. *sigh*

tomorrow's another day!

4 comments

  1. Gaijin Wife Says:
  2. that walk before 6am was pretty damn good though. And sometimes all we can manage is not eating the are just sitting there begging to be eaten - like the half of tommy's hamburger you didn't eat. If it was right there saying 'eat me mummy' then I think not eating that is harder than avoiding to eat something you have to actually make yourself.

    Hope you can get to Billy's - I can't manage him on my own for long with all his come on now, you can do it, look at me, straighten those arms and punch, and rotate, and punch....

     
  3. illahee Says:
  4. does he remind you to hold in your stomach a lot? he does that in his tae bo series and just want to scream sometimes!! it's like the 'don't forget to breathe! :D' comments on the aerobic videos from the '80s! LOL

     
  5. Gaijin Wife Says:
  6. bloody no point him telling me to try hold my flummy in. so not going to work. If I could hold the sucker in I would already.

     
  7. Rachel Says:
  8. Holding your tummy in is all for core work, I think, and posture. Everyone on slimforce is going on about Core Fusion, I'm going to give that a try.

    Illahee, I really really UNDERtoast the browner breads to keep them soft. I seem to need more butter the crisper the toast is!

    ditto on avoiding eating up the kids' lefotvers - that's a hard one, I have to, yet AGAIN, vow to myself to NOT eat Erica's toast crusts. With extra butter.