I did it!

Posted by anchan Friday, 30 July 2010
What a great day! Our pool excursion was postponed to this afternoon due to bad weather earlier in the week. I had been secretly hoping that the thunder would continue, as the reason we were going to this pool was because it is free all week and is then closing down on 1st August, so there was a good chance it could get out of revealing my white thighs to the local population. But the sun shone and off we went. And... I had a fantastic time! Yeah, I felt very self conscious when I had to get out of the water, but it was so much fun splashing and playing with the kids... I have really been missing out all these years!

We were in the water for 3 hours, and I must have burned off a tremendous amount of energy. It's a nagare (flowing) pool and we had races and games of catch - just an awesome time! I can't remember when we last had so much fun together.

On the way home we stopped off at a Spice Kingdom for dinner, so promptly undid the good work I had done in the afternoon - veggie pakora, veggie masala, nan, mmmmmmmm...

I will sleep well tonight - and hopefully hurt some in the morning :-)

2 comments

  1. Rachel Says:
  2. Yeah, it's fun, isn't it? I went to the beach today, you forget about how your body LOOKS and just start USING it. I agree the walk to the towel is the worst part! At the beach you can wear a sarong and a top into the water though, which I often do to stop the sunburn. Doesn't help on the walk back though when it's clinging to me. I hope I look like I had fun. I hope someone thinks, well, if that Great White Whale can do it, maybe I can get away with it...

     
  3. illahee Says:
  4. that's fabulous!! i'm so glad you had fun!