A day off :-D

Posted by anchan Saturday, 17 July 2010
I plan to have one 'day off' a week in order to maintain my sanity over the four months. Not that I intend to go crazy and binge eat, but just be more relaxed and able to enjoy a meal out eating the foods I really like.

Today was a family day out to meet other AFWJers from the other side of the island :-) Our plan was to spend the day frollicking on the side of a mountain, eating bread, sausages (not me, though) and drinking beer made from the river water, and couldn't believe our eyes when we arrived... the park shut down in December! We'd all driven an hour and a half to get there, what a disappointment. So we played by the river for an hour before heading to my favourite Italian restaurant for lunch. Hit the beach on the way back, stopping by at Aeon for dinner... Italian again! We hardly ever go for Italian meals, as K far, far prefers sushi. But Sir demanded that we go there (even though I had a dinner already planned at home) as M had pinched most of his clams at lunchtime and he was feeling hard done by.

Anyway, the day went something like this:

black coffee
vegetable tagine (last of the leftovers, needed eating!) with a small amount of rice
bottle of water
small bag of sesame arare
water
garlic bread
spaghetti with tomato sauce and about a tablespoon of mozzerella
water
water
spaghetti with mixed mushrooms and a soy sauce sauce
some of W's bread dessert, but not much
water
Vitalita

All things considered, I don't think this was too bad... after all, I didn't have dessert at either meal, and resisted joining the kids with an ice-cream. There's a first :-)

2 comments

  1. Rachel Says:
  2. That was pretty good for a day out! I find it hard to resist the ice cream on a day out and about with the kids.

     
  3. Gaijin Wife Says:
  4. Ditto - that's a great day off!