Day 30

Posted by Bryn Thursday, 1 July 2010
I think I ended the first 30 days on a pretty good note.  Weighed in at 186.2, the exact weight of my first weigh in 26 days ago, and down 1.3 lbs from my starting weight.  Not a huge difference number wise, but I know I made some really positive changes and hopefully started some really good habits that will go a long way over the next 3 months (and the rest of my life!).  It was a crap month emotionally, and the emotional eating is something I'll probably struggle with for a long time, but I've got it much more under control and feel much more motivated to deal with it than I ever have before.

No water or excercise on Day 30, but all good food choices and NO SODA!!  AT ALL!  Not even a sip!  And better still, I didn't even realize until the next morning that I hadn't had any the day before.  I didn't even miss it!

Over the weekend I grilled up some skinless chicken breast and pork tenderloin on my George Foreman grill.  I love that thing!  I used a couple of different marinades for variety.  I also made a small batch of white bean chicken chili.  All together I made enough to get me through a whole week of lunch and dinner. 

July is definitely the month!!!  My b-day is on the 14th, and this will be my last year as a thirty-something.  I'm determined to turn 40 next year looking and feeling better than I ever have! 

Ganbatte everybody!!

2 comments

  1. Rachel Says:
  2. good going! You sound positive and happy with the changes you are making, and you are SO on the right track making small changes, tweaking here and there.

    Isn't it amazing how you CAN break a habit, just by chipping away at it gently, and before you know it, you have a new one, and you don't even miss the old one. Chocolate after the kids are in bed is one I just don't miss anymore, these days all I WANT is my apple, even on days when I actually give myself permission to eat chocolate - I still just want the apple!

     
  3. Gaijin Wife Says:
  4. I too have good July vibes - am going to sweat my flummy off in this heat. Onwards and upwards... hurah