Weigh in 3/16

Posted by Gaijin Wife Friday, 18 June 2010
84.2

Miracle really. I should have put on a kilo this week what with all the cake and bubbles consumed. Guess I made it up 'riding the stallion'.

I really do need to get back on track though. When we started this I was hopping for one kilo a week. I can feel myself slipping. It's not good.

Yesterday was quite good - before the birthday cake, champers and beer. Today also not too bad but I aren't drinking as much water these past couple of days.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can ...

3 comments

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. Most inspiring books I've found for gaining a healthy lifestyle:

    http://www.skinnybitch.net/

    And

    http://www.thechinastudy.com/

    Warning - might make you go vegetarian (or even vegan!) - which ain't hard in Japan, but might make it a bit tricky to satisfy hubby and childers!

    Hana (yep, ex-Oita JET, back in NZ)

     
  3. Rachel Says:
  4. Yes, let's get back on track! I always thought 1kg a week was too ambitious anyway. 1/2 kg is not as sexy, but more doable and more durable. Not that I've even done that this week!

    Hana, it is easy to not eat meat, and I'm always interested into looking into more vegetarian recipes, but I think it's extremely difficult to go vegetarian in Japan - restaurants don't understand the concept (eg, if you ask for no meat, they'll serve you potato salad - with ham), and fish is in EVERYTHING!

     
  5. Hana Says:
  6. Yeah - I hear you Rachel. But when I went semi-vegetarian, I didn't worry about a bit of ham or fish creeping in (I wasn't trying to save the animals, just be a bit healthier). I actually went "pescetarian" (some like to say "pesky-tarian" ; ) ), which was much easier. Love the fish in Japan and tofu is a saviour. I quite enjoyed looking into things like egg substitutes...also tried a lot of food I wouldn't normally. Made some fabulous gluten-free bread and almond-flour cakes....yum...might have to try it again soon, but in NZ the cheese is too good to pass up ; )