Weekend (26-27)

Posted by Rachel Monday, 28 June 2010
Mixed results on the planned weekend. I don't think I ate as much as I normally do on a weekend, but I'm back up to my magic number 77.7 again. Honestly, I had to laugh. How MUCH my body LOVES that weight! Hoping some of that is just bloat, and it'll go down because I was 76.7 on Saturday morning, and I'm pretty sure I didn't eat THAT much!

Normal breakfast on Saturday.

Then the planned lunch, 2 slices of camembert cheese bread and a sandwich with lettuce, cheese and marmite. I think I had chocolate in the afternoon, pretty sure I had something.

As promised I searched for interesting recipes to keep me interested in good food and not just pig out, and I found a recipe for a spinach pie and vegetable samosas. However, I left it too late to start cooking and the kids started getting hungry, so I gave them the pizzas I had set aside for Sunday night. I continued to cook while drinking wine, which is quite nice, but not as nice as when you have someone cooking and drinking wine with you! I had 3 pieces of pizza, but none of the ice cream I bought the kids.

Breakfast Sunday, as planned, 2 slices of wholegrain toast, then cheated with an extra slice of white.

Lunch, 2 slices of wholegrain toast with scrambled eggs, and boy was it delicious! I don't usually get scrambled eggs just right, it's so easy to over-do them, but I did it absolutely perfectly. I think I'll eat this every Sunday from now on!

Afternoon tea, more chocolate. Erica found my mint chocolate chips, and ate half of one, and busted another, so I ended up having four. Plus two truffles.

Dinner, the spinach pie from last night, plus extra white toast. It was very delicious BUT it had pastry and cream cheese in it, so I think I'll go back to mini-spinach souffles, which taste much the same without the extra calories. I made pesto to go in this, so I'll be searching for ways to eat pesto for the next week or two!

That leaves the vegetable samosa for tonight.

Dessert - apple and rhubarb crumble. Not my best crumble.

1 Responses to Weekend (26-27)

  1. Gaijin Wife Says:
  2. whoever invented mint and chocolate was both a rockstar and so not interested in helping women lose weight.