New Team Member!

Posted by f Saturday, 5 June 2010
Hello, I'm Fura and my muffin top doth overfloweth.
(Waves to other challenge members and onlookers)
OK, here's a bit of info.

Height - 166cm
Weight - 67.8kg early this morn (I thought I was 69 so must have lost some pretty recently)
BMI - 24.6 (giri giri in the normal range)
Ultimate goal - 59kg (might be easier to befriend a unicorn. We'll see.)

I want to lose weight, I want to lose the muffin top, but most of all I want to change my relationship with food. This is more for me about changing my lifestyle and the way I think about food rather than the numbers (weight, BMI) although of course I'd love to see those numbers drop.

I'm an emotional eater and I feel like it's time to take control of my life and stop letting food control me. Easier said than done perhaps but I'm happy to be here to give it a go!

For the past 10 years I have mostly fluctuated between 63kg and 68kg but have always had trouble getting clothes to fit, always had plenty of flab. Am the shortest and fattest in my family and growing up around skinny giants has definitely had a negative effect on my body image. Have not exercised much as an adult except for cycling a bit. Recently started a pilates class and hope that will make a difference and give me more motivation to get fit. My drug of choice is sugar and I drink way too much diet pepsi and no where near enough water. I don't make healthy food choices and my portion sizes are way too big. I'm not going to give up chocolate but I want to get to the point where I can eat one piece and feel satisfied, rather than guiltily eating a whole bar and then hating myself for it.

I had a baby 7 months ago and have lost all my pregnancy weight but I still look pregnant. Used to be pear shaped but now have a whole new tummy area so I guess I'm a hybrid apple/ pear. Ugh. Oh, and I'm breastfeeding and absolutely do not want to mess with my milk supply, so I will be very sensible about this. Cut out eating crap I don't need, drink more water, and exercise a whole lot more. Ganbaroćƒ¼!

6 comments

  1. Bryn Says:
  2. Yay Fura! Welcome and thanks for joining us! I feel the same way you do, it's more about making positive, healthy changes than just losing weight, but of course I want to wear cute clothes again, and have them fit the way they're supposed to! I want to trim down and tone up, but want to do it through permanent lifestyle changes.

    Best of luck, and congrats on the new bambino!

     
  3. Gaijin Wife Says:
  4. Welcome Fura!

    I am an emotional eater too and there has been so much god damn emotion the last year tis no wonder I have lost the battle with myself - but then I never had a blog to answer to before!! My muffin top has spread to every other part of my body and I need to at least size down to a mini-muffin :)

    Good luck to us.

     
  5. Gaijin Wife Says:
  6. Hi Fura - I had to give your post a title so that I could make a link for your archive list on the sidebar :) thanks.

     
  7. fura Says:
  8. Bryn, Hello! and thank you for the welcome and congrats about my daughter. Here's to us healthy and happy (and in cute clothes) in the not so distant future :)
    Good luck to you to!

    GW- thank you too! the muffin top, I know...mine taunts me when I see it in the mirror, cheeky bugger. It's great to have this blog to answer to, isn't it. Thank you for starting it!

     
  9. Rachel Says:
  10. Hello Fura! I am also in this for the long run, and interested in making healthy choices and having them become my new habits.

    Muffin tops, ha! I have a whole bakery worth of muffins on my middle!

    I'm not interested in having a flat tummy 'again' since I haven't had once since I was 11. But fitting back into size 12 would be nice.

     
  11. fura Says:
  12. Hi Rachel! I agree about the flat tummy. I don't recall having one as an adult..but it would be nice. Unfortunately after a c-section I think the bumpy terrain is here to stay :)