Day 10

Posted by Bryn Friday, 11 June 2010
I made the executive decision to weigh only once every two weeks.  I know how disappointed I'll be if I haven't lost, and disappointment turns to discouragement, which turns to "Oh well, I'm obviously just meant to be fat, so let's have cake!"  Plus, I'm really trying to make this about healthy choices and healthy living, the weight loss is just a bonus.

Even just 5 minutes of planks got me sore arms, abs and thighs!!!  You're supposed to do 3 - 5 reps, holding each plank for 20 - 60 seconds.  I struggled to hold for 20, but even that was enough for me to feel it the next day.

Did okay on Day 10 (I think I'm a day behind R and GW, did you start May 31, or June 1?) w/ Slim Fast shake for brekky, potatoe soup for lunch, grilled chicken breast for din, no snacks, 2 cokes, but no water and only 5 minutes of planks.

2 comments

  1. Gaijin Wife Says:
  2. I get exactly like you said when I put on weight. I have to tell myself that 600grams is better than nothing and even that much loss each week, over a ten week period is 6kg and that is significant.

    Your day 10 was very good :)

     
  3. Rachel Says:
  4. Well done, you ate really well!

    Try not to get discouraged if you don't lose a lot. If the loss is less than I hoped I tell myself, "Oh well, at least I'm heading in the right direction." If I'm hovering around the same weight, I think, "oh, well, at least I'm not still packing it on". Otherwise I'd be tempted to give up and flag it, not bother, who cares. I can definitely sympathize with that feeling, but don't do it! You're here for the long run now.