Day 10

Posted by Rachel Thursday, 10 June 2010
Breakfast: yogurt, rhubarb, muesli. One banana

I think Bryn asked about the muesli? It's like granola without the honey. Traditionally it's raw; raw oatmeal, wheat, bran, etc, with dried fruit and nuts. I sometimes have it this way with stewed apples and hot water, for a kind of porridge. It can be more or less calorific depending on added sugar, and the amount of fruit and nuts in it. The one I make at the moment is toasted with honey, but still much less than in store-bought granola. The recipe has oatmeal, bran flakes, weetbix, wheat germ and nuts toasted with brown sugar and honey, then I add Turkish apricots and dried fruit.

Lunch: 2 bowls of tomato soup, with grated cheese this time. I was giving it to Erica and couldn't resist! I was going to have it with a piece of naan I had in the freezer, but when Erica saw the naan she said 'pizza' so I made her a mini pizza with the soup and cheese on the naan - which she ate only a few mouthfuls of, so of course I had to have the leftovers, plus the slice of bread I had with my soup. Too much cheese, which I love!

Dessert: one Bailey's chocolate, one Lindor hazelnut truffle

Afternoon tea: a handful of cashews

Dinner: pork, shiitake, onion, cabbage and broccoli stir-fry, with a one-egg omelet.

Dessert: I was feeling a bit out of sorts yesterday, and actually gave myself permission to eat the rest of the chocolate, after the kids were asleep. However, when I got back down, and after I finished a bit of tidying I had to do, I actually didn't feel like eating chocolate which is like, a miracle. I ate an apple instead. I am very pleased about this as it means I have really solidified the habit of NOT eating chocolate after dinner, and only wanting a piece of fruit. I hope.

Exercise: if sorting the approximately 1000 tiny pieces of toys from the toy closet counts - I did get a sore tummy from all the reaching and twisting, but I think all that shows is how dreadfully weak my core is, and the more work I have to do!

2 comments

  1. Gaijin Wife Says:
  2. I am liking the sound of your tom soup!! Yum.

    You guys still on for Sunday?

     
  3. Rachel Says:
  4. Absolutely on for Sunday! I'm deviously planning evil non-diet food to bring to sabotage our diets!!