Could have been WEIGH worse!

Posted by Bryn Wednesday, 9 June 2010
Had a damn crap day emotionally, the type of day that would normally involve copious amounts of ice cream, pie, chips, pizza to cope.  But I did okay.  I'm discovering that a good, loud, messy blubber under the covers is nearly as comforting a double cheeseburger with large fries!  Who knew?  So, while I did still do quite a bit of comfort eating, I made sure it was all low-fat and/or healthy stuff like lite popcorn, grapes, granola bar.  B'fast was my usual waffles, lunch a Slim Fast shake, and for dinner fried rice.  Had 3 cokes today, and no water :(  Took a 20 min powerwalk tonight and did 5 min of planks.

2 comments

  1. Gaijin Wife Says:
  2. Hey, hope things are ok? You did well good after a shite day. Hang in there. If its out DB then don't let him get to you. Easier said than done - I'm letting a beautiful little girl called Sakura get to me!! And I swear you did so much more for biter gabby than Sakura's mum is doing!! It must be hard - all kids do the biting thing but shite, my poor girl.

    Out of interest - did G bite the same person over and over or did she vary her selection??

     
  3. Rachel Says:
  4. Well done in not going overboard with the emotional eating. Actually a good cry probably made you feel MUCH better, because the binge always leaves you feeling a bit gross.

    Other suggestions that have worked for me include a nice hot bath, shoving all the mess in the other room and just blobbing in front of the TV, and going to bed early with a good book. Preferably all three!